The first church building, on the present site, was built in 1848. The first Rector was the Rev. Francis Evans.

Born in Dublin, Ireland in 1800, he was educated at Trinity College, Dublin. He was ordained in Canada by George Jehoshaphat Mountain (3rd Anglican Bishop of Quebec), the first Principal of McGill College from 1824 to 1835, and one of the founders of Bishop's University and Bishop's College School.  Rev. Evans was appointed Rector of St. John's, Woodhouse in 1821 and helped found fourteen new congregations.

Rev. Evans remained Rector of Trinity until his death in September 1858.

The original church building had a seating capacity of 300. By the early 1860's it was decided that the church should be enlarged. The Vestry showed great foresight in their planning, and the decisions made by them resulted in the beautiful church we have today.

Phase one of the expansion was to build transepts and extend the body of the church. The addition was built with a high-pitched cathedral-like roof line reminiscent of churches in the U.K. They realised the end result would present an unusual appearance for the time being but would become a most beautiful structure when phase three would be completed.

In 1881 the Vestry met and decided to complete phase three, according to the plans made in 1860. The original part of the church was torn down. The main body of the church was rebuilt with the roof line coinciding with the roof of the transepts. A Chancel was also built at this time.

In 1914 the Parish Hall was erected. It was named the 'Canon Hicks Memorial Hall'. Canon Richard Hicks was a driving force behind the completion of the Parish Hall. Sadly, Canon Hicks died the year it was completed.

In 1948 the Sanctuary was enlarged, and the War Memorial Chapel and Women's Room were built.

On Maundy Thursday 2022, the 800-pound bronze bell, that was cast at the Meneely Bell Foundry in West Troy, N.Y. in 1893, was reinstalled after being removed for repairs and for the installation of a new electronic striking system. Just prior to the reinstallation, the bell was blessed and christened with the name ‘Victor’ as a reference to the victory of Christ at Easter (it being Holy Week).